ISO 9001 Gap Analysis Checklist
An ISO 9001 gap analysis checklist is a tool used to assess the extent to which a company's quality management system (QMS) meets the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard. The checklist is designed to identify any gaps or deficiencies in the QMS that need to be addressed in order to achieve certification to the standard.
The ISO 9001 standard is a set of guidelines for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving a QMS. It provides a framework for organizations to ensure that their products or services consistently meet customer requirements and comply with applicable regulations.
A gap analysis checklist typically consists of a series of questions or statements related to the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard. The checklist is used to evaluate the QMS against each of these requirements and identify any areas where the QMS falls short.
Here is a checklist for ISO 9001 gap analysis:
- Quality Policy:
- Does the organization have a written quality policy?
- Is it communicated and understood by all employees?
- Does it align with the organization's objectives?
- Does it include a commitment to comply with requirements?
- Has the organization identified and documented its internal and external issues?
- Has it determined the interested parties and their requirements?
- Has it identified the scope of the QMS?
- Is top management committed to the QMS?
- Have roles, responsibilities and authorities been defined?
- Does top management ensure the availability of resources?
- Does top management promote a culture of continuous improvement?
- Has the organization established quality objectives?
- Are they measurable and consistent with the quality policy?
- Has a plan been developed to achieve the objectives?
- Have risks and opportunities been identified and addressed?
- Does the organization provide adequate resources for the QMS?
- Are personnel competent and trained to perform their duties?
- Are appropriate facilities and infrastructure available?
- Is documentation controlled and maintained?
- Has the organization established processes to deliver its products or services?
- Are processes controlled and monitored?
- Are records maintained to provide evidence of conformity?
- Has the organization established methods to monitor, measure, analyze and evaluate the QMS?
- Is customer satisfaction measured and analyzed?
- Are internal audits conducted and corrective actions taken?
- Are management reviews conducted at planned intervals?
- Are nonconformities identified, documented and addressed?
- Is there a process for identifying and implementing corrective actions?
- Is there a process for identifying and implementing preventive actions?
- Is there a process for continually improving the QMS?
This is a general checklist for ISO 9001 gap analysis, and the specific requirements for your organization may vary. You should consult with an experienced ISO 9001 consultant to conduct a thorough gap analysis.
Using an ISO 9001 gap analysis checklist helps companies to identify areas where they need to improve their QMS and take steps to address any gaps or deficiencies. This can help them to achieve ISO 9001 certification and demonstrate their commitment to quality management.
LMG offers ISO 9001:2015 Certification assistance to Chicago and suburbs from Aurora, Illinois. we provide complete assistance from ISO 9001 implementation through certificate issuance; we will assist you with
- Quality Manual
- Quality System procedures
- Internal Audit
- Certification Body Selection
- Certification Body Audit
For more information, please contact us with detailed information.
LIBERTY MANAGEMENT GROUP LTD.
75 Executive Drive, Suite 114
Aurora, IL - 60504
Phone : (630) 270-2921
Fax : (815) 986-2632
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org